Want to wish your child through the best famous world Children’s Day quotes and best sayings? Then here is the best-handpicked list of best sayings and quotes said by the best people of this world! From best sayings by Nelson Mandela to the dedicated section for best sayings and quotes by Jawaharlal Nehru Ji, everything has been covered in this article!
Children are the future of tomorrow. They are the happiness and brightness of everyone’s lives, isn’t it? So it is obvious that there must be a special day to celebrate the presence of these little munchkins in our lives.
Countries have their own dates to celebrate Children’s day as India celebrates on 14th November, every second Sunday of June is celebrated as Children’s Day in the US, and many more such countries have their own dates. Also, there is a separate International Children’s Day that is celebrated on 20th November of every year.
This article is about World Children’s Day Quotes and Indian Children’s Day Best Sayings by Jawaharlal Nehru. So to cherish and love the moments spent with our children, no let’s wish them in a sweet and motivating way for their presence and happiness in our lives.
First on the list is World Children’s Day Quotes by different important people. Now wasting any more time, let’s start with these amazing best sayings.
World Children’s Day Quotes
World Children’s Day is celebrated to promote international awareness and togetherness among children worldwide. The history behind the birth of World Children’s Day is that on November 20, The UN General Assembly adopted the Convention Of Rights For Child which means there will be separate cultural, political, civil, economic, health, and social rights. As this was a big day for the rights of children, UNICEF decided to celebrate this day as World Children’s Day also known as Universal Children’s Day.
This day is not just to celebrate Children’s day but also spread awareness to children from all over the world, who have gone through unthinkable violence, abuses, discrimination, and exploitation. So this day will make us realize how important children are so that we can respect and love them the way they need it.
So, if you also want to spread this awareness, then let’s spread it through these amazing world children’s day quotes and best sayings by Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King, Jr. and many others.
- “There can be no keener revelation of a society’s soul than the way in which it treats its children.” — Nelson Mandela
- “Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.” — Charles R
- Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires and a touch that never hurts. – Charles Dickens
- Children are not things to be molded, but are people to be unfolded. – Jess Lair
- I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- I believe the best service to the child is the service closest to the child, and children who are victims of neglect, abuse, or abandonment must not also be victims of bureaucracy. They deserve our devoted attention, not our divided attention. – Kenny Guinn
- Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilisations as well. – Kailash Satyarthi
- “A childhood without books – that would be no childhood. That would be like being shut out from the enchanted place where you can go and find the rarest kind of joy.” ― Astrid Lindgren
- “Grown-ups never understand anything by themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- “Don’t handicap your children by making their lives easy.” ― Robert A. Heinlein
- “Your children are the greatest gift God will give to you, and their souls the heaviest responsibility He will place in your hands. Take time with them, teach them to have faith in God. Be a person in whom they can have faith. When you are old, nothing else you’ve done will have mattered as much.” ― Lisa Wingate
- “History will judge us by the difference we make in the everyday lives of children.” – Nelson Mandela
- “You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance.” – Franklin P. Jones
- “Indeed, the only truly serious questions are ones that even a child can formulate. Only the most naive of questions are truly serious. They are the questions with no answers. A question with no answer is a barrier that cannot be breached. In other words, it is questions with no answers that set the limit of human possibilities, describe the boundaries of human existence.” ― Milan Kundera
- “A wise parent humors the desire for independent action, so as to become the friend and advisor when his absolute rule shall cease.” ― Elizabeth Gaskell
- “I am a partisan for conversation. To make room for it, I see some first, deliberate steps. At home, we can create sacred spaces: the kitchen, the dining room. We can make our cars ‘device-free zones.’ We can demonstrate the value of conversation to our children. And we can do the same thing at work.” – Sherry Turkle
- “I believe that children are our future. Teach them well and let them lead the way. Show them all the beauty they possess inside.” – Whitney Houston
- “A child is a beam of sunlight from the Infinite and Eternal, with possibilities of virtue and vice, but as yet unstained.” — Lyman Abbott
- “I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.” – Thomas Paine
- “If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.” – Albert Einstein
- “Adults are just outdated children” – Dr. Suess
Children’s Day Quotes by Jawaharlal Nehru | BEST SAYINGS
Children’s Day in India is celebrated on 14th November. It is the same day as Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru’s Birthday and this is not coincidental! The history behind this day is that Nehru Ji always loved children and the same way, children used to love Nehru Ji a lot. They even called Nehru Ji “Chacha Nehru” with love. So the government decided to celebrate this day as Children’s Day to always pay gratitude to Jawaharlal Nehru for his patriotism and freedom struggles.
Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru was the first Prime Minister Of India. So the best sayings by Jawaharlal Nehru would be a treasure to read, isn’t it? There are so many things to learn from him as was just not a great leader but a man with modern thinking and always worked hard for the country to become a successful country one day.
There are a bunch of experiences he must have gone through, so motivational inspirational thoughts shared by him in the form of best sayings and quotes are seriously not only a treat but a key to success as well (if you understand it and take action accordingly!)
So without further ado, let’s head on to the best sayings and quotes said by Jawaharlal Nehru aka Chacha Nehru…
- Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will. -Pt Jawaharlal Nehru
- The best and noblest gifts of humanity cannot be the monopoly of a particular race or country; its scope may not be limited nor may it be regarded as the miser’s hoard buried underground. -Pt Jawaharlal Nehru
- It is a fundamental rule of human life, that if the approach is good, the response is good. -Pt Jawaharlal Nehru
- We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open. -Pt Jawaharlal Nehru
- The vast army of children across the world, outwardly different kinds of clothes, and yet so very like another. If you bring them together, they play or quarrel, but even their quarrel is some kind of play. They do not think of differences amongst themselves, difference of class or caste or color or status. They are wiser than their father(s) or mother(s).” -Pt Jawaharlal Nehru
- “Children are like buds in a garden and should be carefully and lovingly nurtured, as they are the future of the nation and the citizens of tomorrow.” -Pt Jawaharlal Nehru
- “You don’t change the course of history by turning the faces of portraits to the wall.” -Pt Jawaharlal Nehru
- “Grown-ups have a strange way of putting themselves in compartments and groups. They build barriers… of religion, caste, colour, party, nation, province, language, customs and of rich and poor. Fortunately, children do not know much about these barriers, which separate. They play and work with each other and it is only when they grow up that they begin to learn about these barriers from their elders.” -Pt Jawaharlal Nehru
- “I like being with children and talking to them and, even more, playing with them. For the moment I forget that I am terribly old and it is very long ago since I was a child. -Pt Jawaharlal Nehru
- “India has known the innocence and insouciance of childhood, the passion and abandon of youth, and the ripe wisdom of maturity that comes from long experience of pain and pleasure; and over and over a gain she has renewed her childhood and youth and age” -Pt Jawaharlal Nehru
- “Without that passion and urge, there is a gradual oozing out of hope and vitality, a settling down on lower levels of existence, a slow merging into non-existence. We become prisoners of the past and some part of its immobility sticks to us.” ― Jawaharlal Nehru
- “Time is not measured by the passing of years but by what one does, what one feels, and what one achieves.” ― Pt Jawaharlal Nehru
We must always respect and love children as they are not only innocent and the happiness of our lives but also the future of tomorrow. They are the ones who would take this world to another level. So, always realize their importance in every matter.
I hope you loved these World Children’s Day Quotes and Children’s Day Best Sayings By Jawaharlal Nehru. If you want quotes on Children’s Day of any other country, then do let us know. We would be happy to write it for you!